Balearic Islands Holidays
Balearic Islands Holidays – A beloved holiday destination with sun, sea, sand and more!
Holidays in the Balearic Islands remain an established favourite with British visitors, and offer the ultimate in sun, sea and sand. With gorgeous beaches, family-friendly resorts and guaranteed sunshine, these Mediterranean isles off the coast of Spain are home to a variety of resorts, at affordable prices, and all just a couple of hours away. Whether you are looking for a tiny unspoilt fishing village or a fun-packed party hotspot, each island has a distinct personality and a unique Spanish charm, with Majorca, Ibiza, Menorca and Formentera all boasting the perfect ingredients for a relaxing summer holiday this year.
When to go to the Balearic Islands
The tourist season in the Balearics runs from May to October, with the busy months of July and August being the most popular time for a holiday. Peak season sees very high temperatures and crowded resorts and beaches, so for a more peaceful time away, look to travel during the quieter low season, when prices are lower. In May and June, the Spanish countryside is a delight to explore, whilst in September and October, the islands see far fewer visitors. The Balearics remain open during the winter, and during these off-season months the atmosphere is very different, with a much slower pace of life.
Weather in the Balearic Islands
The weather is similar throughout the islands, which enjoy a typically Mediterranean climate, with hot dry summers and mild winters. Temperatures in July and August can reach 29C, and see as much as 11 hours of sunshine each day, with these months experiencing the most humid conditions. Spring and autumn days can be hot, with highs ranging between 22C – 27C, and at least 7 hours of daily sunshine seen in these late-season weeks. Winters see cooler wetter weather, with an average monthly temperature of 16C, and 6 hours of sunshine.
Getting the best deal to the Balearic Islands
Like most destinations in the Mediterranean, the summer months are the most popular time for a holiday here, with the height of the season seeing the greatest demand, and commanding the highest prices. To get the best deals to the Balearic Islands, look for holidays early or late in the season, as May, June, September and October see the lowest prices and the best availability, with real bargains to be had if you can leave at the last-minute. Look at our offers below, and visit our late deals page for the best prices to the Balearic Islands today.
Travel preparations for a holiday to the Balearic Islands
Here are some additional tips to help you plan your holiday to the Balearic Islands:
- Average flight time from the UK is between 2 – 2.5 hours, with direct flights into Majorca, Menorca and Ibiza.
- Transfer times are generally short, with most being well under an hour. Ferries also run between the main islands.
- The time difference is +1 hour ahead of GMT.
- The official language is Spanish (and Catalan), with English widely spoken.
- Eating and drinking is generally cheaper than home, and you’ll find a huge choice of international cuisine throughout the tourist resorts. A traditional ‘menu del dia’ can be enjoyed for between 8 – 12 euros.
- Ferry timeable for Balearics: http://www.aferry.co.uk/balearics-ferry.htm
- Official tourist board (Ibiza): http://www.ibiza.travel/en/
- Official tourist board (Menorca): http://www.menorca.es
- Official tourist board (Menorca): http://www.infomallorca.net/index.en.html
- Official tourist board (Balearics): http://www.illesbalears.es/ing/balearicislands/home.jsp
View Balearic Islands in a larger map
Cheap holiday deals to Balearic Islands
Appealing to couples and families, the relaxed atmosphere at this friendly and lively hotel complements its all−inclusive facilities. Within easy reach of the beach, and with stunning views over Portinatx, this hotel is a popular choice with everyone