Spain Holidays – The ultimate sun and sand destination.
Spain is our best-selling destination for very good reason. Resorts cater brilliantly to all ages and every holiday style. You will find everything from mountain village hideaways to lively nightspots in regions like the Costa del Sol and the Costa Brava. There are terrific beaches and attractive family resorts in lesser-known regions like the Costa Dorada and the Costa de la Luz. Fantastic island destinations include peaceful Menorca, legendary Ibiza and ever-popular Majorca. The Canaries offer astonishing scenery superb sandy beaches and year round sunshine. Our Spain holidays include everything from cheap self-catering to 5 star luxury, and invariably offer exceptional value for money.
When to go
For the liveliest nightlife scene it has to be July and August. Resorts are considerably quieter and often cheaper in June and September. Spring is a wonderful time to visit if you wish to have a more active holiday. You can expect lots of warm sunshine and beaches are blissfully quiet. You will find a very peaceful atmosphere as summer runs into autumn. City break favourites like Barcelona and Madrid are very rewarding in winter. Larger resorts on the Costa de Sol and the Costa Blanca also remain attractive in low season. In the Canaries you have complete freedom. Nowhere in Europe offers such reliable year-round holiday sunshine.
The weather in Spain
Spain delivers day after day of idyllic sunbathing weather throughout the peak beach holiday season from June to September. Temperatures are typically in the mid to high 20ºs. Sometimes hotter in July and August. Lovely evening temperatures around 20º. Spring comes early, with regions like the Costa de Almeria and the Costa del Sol enjoying 20º or more by April or May. All the popular beach regions have mild sunny winters. The Canary Islands have warm sunny weather all year round.
Getting the best deal
You should find cheap package holidays to Spain at any time of year but the cheapest deals are usually found outside the summer and Easter school holidays. June and September should be cheaper than peak summer. Terrific bargains in spring and early autumn. An early holiday search will ensure the widest choice of accommodation and the cheapest flights. We find all the best late deals and last-minute holiday offers. Keep an eye on our current best deals, which always feature holidays to Spain.
View Spain in a larger map
Travel preparations for a holiday to Spain
- Here are some additional useful tips to help you plan your holiday to Spain
- Mainland Spain is 1 hour behind the UK
- The time in the Canary Islands is the same as the UK
- Average flight time from the UK to mainland Spain is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Around 4 hours 15 minutes to the Canary Islands.
- The local currency is the Euro
- The official local language is Spanish. Basic English is widely understood in hotels and restaurants.
- Eating out is inexpensive. It is usually cheaper to eat out at lunchtime than the evening. A typical daytime 3 course “menu del dia” costs around €10 (₤8). Tapas or “raciones” are a good way to try local specialities and can cost as little as €5 (₤4). Drinks are inexpensive and most bars open until very late.
- Spaniards eat much later than us. Lunch runs from 1 until 4. Locals typical dine at 10pm but resorts cater to British tastes and habits.
- Holidays to Spain do not require visas or vaccinations
- Book early and make your holiday more affordable by paying only a low deposit amount at time of booking
More useful information
- For official Spain tourist information click here - Holiday in Spain
- The FCO may occasionally release travel advisory warnings for Spain. Check the latest on the Foreign Travel Advice website.
Take a look at a selection of our top 5 family hotels in Costa Del Sol
Cheap holiday deals to Spain
Appealing to couples and families, the relaxed atmosphere at this friendly and lively hotel complements its all−inclusive facilities. Within easy reach of the beach, and with stunning views over Portinatx, this hotel is a popular choice with everyone
This Spanish retreat is a great choice. Situated at the top of a cliff, the Club Vista Bahia affords beautiful views over Cala Portinatx Beach and the sea. It’s also a perfect viewpoint for enjoying the sunsets that Ibiza is famous for
Enjoying a seafront location, the family friendly Mediterranean Palace boasts a fine array of amenities. Matched with impeccable service and fine cuisine in all of the restaurants, this hotel is perfect for a luxurious break
This deservedly popular three-star hotel offers romance and sophistication along with family holiday fun. Beautifully set in a peacefully scenic, elevated area with wonderful views out to sea. The main buffet-style restaurant has a good reputation, serving an excellent breakfast and an incredible choice of freshly prepared food and themed meals.
The Dynastic is a modern 4 star property located in the ever popular resort of Benidorm. The hotel comes with a contemporary feel with facilities to appeal to even the most discerning of travellers.
The Hotel Botanico and the Oriental Spa Gardens are set in landscaped tropical gardens and have views of Mount Teide, the Orotava Valley and the ocean