Find your holiday cheaper elsewhere and we’ll refund the difference
If you book a holiday on our website and then find the same holiday available online at a lower price and with comparable terms, we will pay you back the difference.
How to make a claim
The person who made the booking should submit the claim within 24 hours of the booking being confirmed by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, putting the words ‘price match’ and your Directline Holidays reference number in the subject line.
A link to the page showing the holiday offer, or a screenshot of the offer, must be included in your e-mail. We will not accept a link to the homepage of the site where the holiday was found.
The Price Match will only apply if all of the details of the booking are identical. This includes, but is not limited to: party size, dates, duration, flight times, flight numbers, hotel, room types, board basis, number of rooms, transfers, currency and any extras (e.g. in-flight meals and baggage). These elements must all be visible on the page that you send as a screenshot or provide a link to.
Very occasionally, some competitor websites may display holidays at prices that are no longer available. We will check the price to make sure it is accurate before refunding the difference.
Why you must claim within 24 hours
Directline Holidays uses some of the travel industry’s most advanced systems to obtain the best live prices from across our large portfolio of third party providers. We strive to offer unparalleled choice at the most competitive prices by searching for the best deals from a wide selection of products and matching them to our customers’ requirements.
Prices can change by the minute, and the costs of all elements of the packaged holidays that we sell are updated at least daily. When you make a booking we pay the suppliers to secure the holiday at the live price quoted. This means that your seats and rooms are guaranteed in case they sell out later that day.
Some suppliers (e.g. airlines and hotels) may reduce or increase their prices closer to departure or during sale periods, but Directline Holidays will have already paid the original price on your behalf. Therefore we can only guarantee a holiday package price for 24 hours because prices can go up or down by the following day.
Terms and conditions
1. The comparable holiday must be available to book and be accurately priced. Only one claim per booking
2. Offer valid for new bookings only from 5 September, 2012
3. The Price Match is for overseas holidays packages only (a holiday must include a flight and accommodation) with comparable payment terms
4. The holiday you are asking us to match the price of must be from a legitimate ABTA/ATOL Travel Agency and include all booking fees, credit card charges and handling charges
5. Directline Holidays must be able to obtain the same price without the use of any vouchers, promotional codes or loyalty programmes
6. We will review your claim and respond within 7 days
7. Refunds will be made to the card used to pay for the original booking
8. This guarantee excludes any holidays available on auction sites such as eBay
9. If the holiday has not been paid in full then the difference will be discounted from the outstanding balance
10. We reserve the right to refuse any claim where we are unable to verify the claim to our satisfaction
Allocated on Arrival Holidays
Always on your side
Instalment Payment Option
Low Deposit Holidays
Online Travel Agents
Long-Haul Holiday Offers 2013