The latest episode of the Apprentice, which airs at 9pm tonight on BBC1, takes place in Dubai. The contestants will have a chance to impress Alan Sugar with their haggling skills. Tom Bourlet reveals more about the show and Dubai as a destination.
Tonight, the team who manages to buy the most items with the least amount of money will win this week’s task. Zeeshaan Shah, a member of the Endeavour team, has a large amount of previous business experience in Dubai, should feel at home with this task, as he can use his previous experiences, strong connections and inside knowledge to help his team progress.
Both teams will be gathering items for the Waldorf Astoria hotel, which is still under construction, and is based in Ras Al Khaimah. The Waldorf Astoria hotel has one of the nicest beachfront locations in the entire Middle East. Since the show highlighted the Waldorf Astoria Hotel as the business the teams will be working for, online search queries for the hotel have increased significantly.
There is in fact an Arabic version of the Apprentice, all filmed in Dubai, named El Idara Jadara which is hosted by real estate tycoon Mohamed Ali Alabbar.
Have a read through our facts about Dubai:
1. Less than 20% of the population of Dubai is actually local to the region
2. Approximately half of the population of Dubai is from India or has Indian descent
3. Dubai has one of the lowest crime rates in the world
4. During spring and autumn every year, around 300 species of birds migrate to Dubai
5. The Dubai Mall is the 7th largest in the world, one of the main tourist attractions for Dubai, tempting the rich and famous
6. Dubai is an emirate that’s part of a larger country, the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
If you are interested in staying in one the luxurious hotels in Dubai, you might want to check out the Dubai section of our holidays site, or alternatively, if you are looking for a last minute deal to Dubai, check out our late deals calendar.