Holidays from Belfast Airport
Belfast airport destinations
- Aer Lingus flies to Alicante, Barcelona, Faro, Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Heathrow, Malaga and Tenerife.
- United Airlines flies direct to New York.
- EasyJet flies to a wide range of fab destinations including Alicante, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Bristol, Edinburgh, Faro, Geneva, Glasgow, Ibiza, Krakow, Liverpool, London Gatwick, Luton and Stansted, Southend, Malaga, Malta, Manchester, Newcastle, Nice, Palma Majorca and Paris.
- Jet2.com takes passengers to Alicante, Blackpool, Dubrovnik, Geneva, Ibiza, Jersey, Leeds Bradford, Mahon (Menorca), Murcia, Palma Majorca, Pisa and Faro.
- Thomas Cook flies to Lanzarote, Alicante, Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Faro, Heraklion, Ibiza, Larnaca, Las Palmas, Mahon, Palma, Reus, Tenerife and Orlando.
- And Thomson flies to Lanzarote, Malaga, Bourgas, Dalaman, Grenoble, Lapland, Las Palmas, Lourdes, Palma, Reus, Faro, Mahon, Ibiza and Tenerife.
The terminal is home to numerous shopping options including WH Smith, Superdrug, various boutiques and fashion outlets. There are a couple of bars, a Starbucks, Burger King, some cafes and five ATMs dotted around. There’s a bureau de change, a post office and handy pay-as-you- go public internet kiosks. There’s BT Openzone mobile broadband throughout the airport. The business lounge provides a calm, quiet, relaxing environment to work or wait in. You’ll find baby change facilities on the ground floor of the main arrivals hall, in the Domestic Departures lounge (gates 10-14), in International Departures and next to the food village area. If you need help or advice, try the information desk in Arrivals.
Regular bus and coach services are available from outside the front of the terminal building to Belfast. There’s a regular bus service to and from Lisburn, The Ulsterbus (109A), which runs every hour from 6am - 6pm, Monday to Saturday. And there are regular Airporter buses to Londonderry, a seven day a week scheduled coach service between Belfast International and Ireland’s northwest, with free WiFi on board.
Antrim is your nearest train station, just six miles from the airport. From there you can catch the Antrim Airlink bus Mondays to Fridays, which drops off right outside the terminal, or pick up a taxi.
Belfast International Airport sits 18 miles northwest of Belfast and it’s easy to get there via the motorway network. It’s very well signposted from every direction. If you’re using a SatNav system, the airport’s postcode is BT29 4AB.
Who flies from Belfast airport? It’s a popular hub for Aer Lingus, United Airlines, easyJet and Jet2.com plus the package holiday favourites Thomas Cook and Thomson. British Airways offer a convenient way to connect with long haul global destinations, with as many as eight flights a day between Belfast and Heathrow.
Airport car parking
The airport’s drop off zone is right next to the terminal building. The short stay car park is perfect if you want to spend a little more time saying goodbye. There’s also a short period of grace if you want to pick up or drop off from the long stay car park. The main car park is perfect for business and short break passengers, who only want to park for a few days maximum.
There’s a hotel just 50m from the terminal, ideal if you have an especially early flight. Otherwise, there are plenty of good places to rest your head within fifteen minutes’ drive of the airport, everything from quiet, friendly family-run places to historic hotels set in grand surroundings, some of which run courtesy shuttle bus services to and from the terminal.
Belfast airport was opened in 1917 as the Royal Flying Corps’ First World War training camp. By 2011 the airport was dealing with more than four million passengers a year, 62% of whom were there for domestic flights and 38% for international journeys, many to holiday hotspots in far-flung exotic places. These days it’s the most technologically advanced airport in Ireland and the main gateway to the north of the island, with its smart terminal opened by the Queen in 1963 and still perfectly fit for purpose.
Belfast Airport code:
Address and phone number
Belfast International Airport, Aldergrove, Belfast, BT29 4AB UK Telephone 028 9448 4848